Universal Sigh Releases New Single "Snow Dunes" May 3, 2019 09:51
Athens, GA - Metamorphic rock band Universal Sigh released a new single "Snow Dunes" on Tuesday, April 30th. This upbeat track features lively guitars and reminiscent lyrics inspired by the might of nature and the wisdom of hindsight. It was recorded with producer Tomas Uribe in several studios around Atlanta, GA. "Snow Dunes" marks the first studio release from Universal Sigh in three years and is the initial of several releases on the horizon in 2019.
Universal Sigh maintains a busy touring schedule averaging over 100 shows per year and will celebrate the release of “Snow Dunes” with a headlining appearance at Aisle 5 in Atlanta, GA on May 3rd following the Shaky Knees Music Festival.
Additionally Universal Sigh curates and hosts their own 2-Day Music and Arts festival called “Sigh In July” in Athens GA. The multi-day event showcases national, regional, and local talent to inspire consciousness and foster musical community. The 5th Annual Sigh in July will take place at Live Wire Athens on July 26th & 27th.
- "We have had a lot of fun working in the studio over the past 6 months. Our band has toured non-stop for several years now, and it's been refreshing to take a step back from performing to focus on the studio process. "Snow Dunes" was recorded in two Atlanta area studios: Prana Studio in Lilburn and Emanant Studio in Ackworth. Our producer Tomas Uribe, has been an amazing guide throughout our journey. His input has been invaluable, and we have developed an endearing personal and professional relationship."
- "Tomas fronts an excellent band called Kilroy Kobra based in Atlanta. We had an overwhelming amount of unrecorded material to choose from for these sessions, but we opted to release "Snow Dunes" first for a couple of reasons. We feel it highlights different facets of our sound, and it has historically been one of our most played songs in the live setting."
- "We plan to release another single in July and intend to drop our sophomore album this fall. Nothing is set in stone though. Hopefully, we can get back into the studio this winter to start working on our next project if time allows."
- "The band is incredibly excited to get back on stage in Atlanta. We love Aisle 5 and the last time we played it was a sold-out new years eve show with Funk You. This time we invited our longtime friends and fellow Athenians Partials to open up the show. They are fantastic and we are working on some collaborations that I'm sure the audience will enjoy."
- "Additionally, we are going to do something on Friday that we've never done before. At 10:00 PM, directly before the music begins, we will kick off the festivities by screening a short film that features members of Universal Sigh, Partials, and fellow Athens, GA band The Orange Constant. The mini-documentary is titled "Homegrown" and focuses on our experience hosting Sigh in July, our annual music and arts festival. It was produced by Guilty Peach Productions along with some of our best friends. We've never done a film premiere before so come celebrate our single release this Friday and bring some popcorn."
Steam Universal Sigh's "Snow Dunes" here:
Official Bio: Universal Sigh
Universal Sigh is set for high gear in 2019 and beyond. Their unique “metamorphic rock” compositions are rooted in quintessential groove that delves into an epic, cinematic, psychedelic jazz journey. Their soulful melodies reflect peaks and valleys of emotion and their harmonious improv sparks fascination in their listeners. This year will be a very productive year for the band boasting several single debuts and the release of the band's second full-length album.
Based out of Athens, GA these southern rockers have been bringing the heat across the country since 2013. In the past 2 years, the band has shared the stage with Leftover Salmon, Papadosio, Twiddle, Pigeons Playing Ping Pong, Spafford, The Main Squeeze, The Werks, Aqueous, Naughty Professor, The Jauntee, Cycles and more. The quartet regularly tours between the southeast and Colorado and produce their annual Sigh in July Music & Arts Festival every summer.
The band name Universal Sigh signifies a common thread that links everyone to life – the breath. Music, like breath, provides connection, awareness, and brings you into the present moment. Each breath and song is a simple reminder that we are all connected and reliant on each other in this journey through life.